Friday, September 21, 2012

Portfolio review

Today I went to portfolio review! Here are some of my thoughts on the experience (although not yet mine) and how I am looking forward to it! I really enjoyed going to portfolio review today, I liked seeing everyones point of views and the way they chose to display the skills/projects they've accumulated throughout the years! To one day think that I will be in their position is very exciting! I love seeing everyones personal style, seeing some similar to mine and some completely different. They are polished and a completed set version of their knowledge and talent! Some peoples stuff is so good and cool, their business card and their books of their work! Their personalities and pitches! I loved it, it was so cool to see that and it shows me where I am going and AH! I can't wait. To be able to visualize where we are going, and how we will finish, to see the work of my peers come together so nicely. I love seeing what I want to strive for, some more than others and I hope when I am in their seats I can put together something as nice as some of them, to have a polished nice presentation of my work and talent! It is going to be so exciting! I also liked just speaking to the students about their experience in school, ups and downs, when they wanted to quit and when they kept going, it is super cool to speak to someone who was in your shoes. We get to speak to professional designers at this school, teachers who've experienced it all and tbh they are on a different wave than we are, so to see someone be finished with their school and to know that they went through the same thing as you is really encouraging. Also to know that some people get offers thorough this is cool! Also! Seeing all the different degrees, I loved looking at graphic design, obviously, but seeing fashion marketing and audio ect. is very cool! to see what their schooling brought them. Also seeing the people you will potentially be working with in the future. Overall I think it's very cool to go there, just to see where you're going to be, and know that one day you will be there! p.s. I tried to take pictures and a guy stopped me, WHAT? I thought I could! He was scary and mean though.

No comments:

Post a Comment